High School Subjects/Independent Study
Independent Study allows students to earn their high school diploma while studying at home. Students will come once a week to meet with a teacher to share assignments and to test. Independent Study may be combined with High School classes in order to earn a high school diploma. The Fresno Unified School District issues a regular high school diploma when all courses have been successfully completed. All classes are free of charge to students who do not possess a high school diploma.
WHO CAN ATTEND INDEPENDENT
Anyone 18 or older may attend as long as they are not enrolled in a regular K-12 high school at the same time. (Exception to this age limit may be made for pregnant and teen parent students.)
HOW TO ENROLL
All students working toward their high school diploma MUST see a counselor to preregister. All registration is by appointment. New students need to bring a transcript of all credits earned from ALL high schools attended. Call 457-6003 to make an appointment to register for high school classes and 457-6003 for independent study. Open entry - enroll at any time!
• Earn High School Credits while studying at home
• Course work is done through packets
• Each packet is worth one credit
• Complete packets while at home
• Meet with a teacher once a week
• Open from 8:00 am to 7:30 pm
• Diploma issued upon successful completion
• May be combined with Traditional High School
Program and High School Lab